Who has a post-mix system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcows

Reaction score
Thinking of setting up a post mix system in my house. Parts seem readily available on the ebay and the net. Sam's has lots of bag in box syrups in as small of a quanity as 1 gallon. The system seems pretty straight forward but wanting to hear from someone who has been there...done that. How much maintaince, do you wish you wouldn't have done it?

Mike

i have a 5-head alco/selmix refrigerated system set up with diet coke, generic lemon-lime and tonic water. maintenance involves cleaning the dispensing nozzles every other day (soak in warm water overnight), wiping down the machine and drip tray daily, and changing the water filters on the inlet to the carbonator about every 6 months. i buy the smallest bibs i can find, usually 2.5 gallon (the syrup has a shelf life of 6 months usually...)

i like it, it's nice not dealing with cans or bottles, and the drinks are always perfect. my dispenser is a bit of a power hog however... if i do it again i'll build a postmix system into a chest freezer and use a glycol bath to chill the soda and syrup lines.

ice-cooled dispensers use little power and are quiet, but you need a decent-sized ice machine to keep the bin full.

I thought about doing something similar but didn't know where to start. How would you do this?

Mike

i would build a collar like a typical keezer conversion, mount the dispenser heads to the front and the bib pumps to the rear. for the chiller, i'd find a plastic container that fits the freezer, each flavor gets it's own coil of stainless tubing (like a jockey box) plus one coil for the carbonated water.

Latest posts

Back