First Brew...Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't wait any longer, I just had to try a bottle from my first ever batch even though it's only been a week. The beer is still a little green, but it's well carbed and tastes like an Irish Red. I absolutely cannot believe it. Thanks to all from the board who answered my questions and alleyed my fears.

IMG_0640.JPG

Looks very tasty:)
I'm very impressed you were patient enough to add labels to your first batch.

Certainly looks like beer. That is a decent amount of Carb for a week too. Congrats on your maiden brew. Now that you have tried your first brew, the challenges will be:1-stay away from it and let it age a little. 2- Brewing enough to keep a supply.

I am still having issues with both, though I drink 6 month stout all weekend and it was fantastic.

Boy, am I with you on that! My first batch ever got transfered to the secondary after one week. When I opened the top of primary after that first week...it looked like beer, smelled like beer and tasted like a flat beer. But, I'm holding out....I'm trying for the 1 week in primary, 1 week in secondary and then two weeks in the bottle, for a whole month.....it's killing me. I'll tell you this, brewing has made me a lot more patient.

Back