thought about adding priming sugar to my bk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaSaBiS

Reaction score
thought about adding priming sugar to my bk

is this a horrible idea? im going to force carb with my new co2 tank and kegerator setup, (soon to post build.)

it would only boost abv right? or would it prioritize the yeast to do something wacky like prioritizing certan sugars to consume

Considering how little you're typically adding, it won't hurt anything. It'd make a barely noticeable bump to ABV and yes, yeast prioritize that over the more complex sugars, but with the amount you're using it really won't matter. I only worry about adding sugar during fermentation if I'm adding multiple pounds of dextrose or something to an already massive brew.

Considering how little you're typically adding, it won't hurt anything. It'd make a barely noticeable bump to ABV and yes, yeast prioritize that over the more complex sugars, but with the amount you're using it really won't matter. I only worry about adding sugar during fermentation if I'm adding multiple pounds of dextrose or something to an already massive brew.

makes sense. I am gathering all my shiny new all grain gear together, since my bk is with my welder at the moment, i decided to knock out my my last brewers best kit (that has been sitting around for 9 mo's.)

not only is the grain and yeast old. I pitched a fresh safeale pack ontop of the one supplied and the recipe messed me up. for a while, until I found a 1lb of corn sugar that it called for, under a stack of paper, after the yeast was pitched and the carboy was in the ferm chamber.

I thought about boiling the 1lb sugar and cooling it to add to the already pitched beer, but it turns out after you mess up, its easier to settle for a blonde ale instead of the imperial blonde kit that I set out to brew...

Back