Coconut Tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shannicat

Reaction score
I amnew to brewing and am brewig my first beer next week. I am doing a toasted Coconut Brown Ale and was wondering if anyone could help me with a recipe for making coconut tea?

Thanx a Bunch!!!

Shannon

HAPPY BREWING :mug:

Decided to jut skip the tea and putting toasted coconut in the mash and the last 15 min. of the boil. Thanx for the reply though :mug:

i just finished a coconut brown and lemme tell you....ill stick to kona's koko brown. coconut oil gets everywhere (throughly clean everything) after a pound of toasted coconut at the last 15 in the boil after racking to secondary it had little to no flavor at all. sooo i threw another pound of toasted in a hop bag and let it sit for another 7 days...OIL EVERYWHERE!! lol

Overall the coconut did come thru but im waiting another couple weeks to see if they could get to that center stage.
Great experiment but i think coconut extract would do fine dont seem to be one of the bad "fake" extracts

Good luck to you though! let us know how it turns out

Thanx Johnny...just finished...getting ready for the gravity reading and did a little "Taste Test" and the coconut isn't as pronounced as I would have liked it to be, so I'm gonna throw in a pound of toasted coconut in the secondary and hope the oil doesn't become ridiculous (which I'm sure it will...LOL) I have decided to call this beer "Londyn's Luau" as my sister is in the hospital RIGHT NOW about to give birth to my first niece, Londyn...

Back