Two kegs, one CO2 tank...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
I finally got my tower up yesterday, transfered my nut brown into the keg for cooling and carbing, and wouldn't you know it, my CO2 tank runs dry. And only after two kegs! Lame.
I think that might have had to do with my ghetto-rigged second regulator, I'm suspecting leakage, so I took it off. I still want to be able to regulate both kegs separately, but am confused on how to do that. I know I can run a splitter from the tank, but if I'm carbing one and drinking from the other they would need to be at separate psi, right? So how do I manage that?
Most humble thanks.

right its gotta be a seconary reg to manage that. use a soapy water solution to id lleaks at al joints and fittings and around the suspect secondary reg

I tend to carb my beers at the same psi as serving them. So it doesn't matter if one is being carbed. It takes about 5-7 days to fully carb.

If I am impatient and want to rush it, I just shut off the gas to the serving keg from the gas manifold and crank up the psi to 30. I can still draw beer from the serving keg, and if I have to I give it a shot of C02. The keg being carbed is ready to go in 24 hours.

right its gotta be a seconary reg to manage that. use a soapy water solution to id lleaks at al joints and fittings and around the suspect secondary reg
Yep, you can't do separate pressures without a secondary regulator.2 kegs and out....man that hurts a bit.

Latest posts

Back