two stage controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensiff

Reaction score
Hm have you considered the STC-1000? That can be panel mounted and it has a pretty modern look.

Interesting, looks like it would work...I don't need anything fancy, just on off on two different devices to maintain temp. Do they come with the temp probe or is that something extra?

STC-1000 comes with the probe, and the probe and wire are waterproof (intended to be immersed in an aquarium). You just have to make sure you get the one that takes the control voltage you want (probably 120VAC), though they have 12VDC and 240VAC available also.

There's a few build threads with them. I have four of them so far but only two wired up. I'm going with triple gang boxes and one duplex outlet constant hot, one duplex on the heat contact, and one duplex on the cool contact. My STC-1000 is outside the gang box, which looks a little funny, but it makes it easier to disconnect it if something goes wrong. Main risk there though is for some reason one of the hot wires comes out of the contact it's going to be exposed.

Incredibly easy, can be built-in easily, just need a recepticle and extension cord. ~$35 total.

Perfect, thanks guys...looks good, easy to wire, and inexpensive

Back