Danby DAR125SSLDD Build w/ Recessed STC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbitton

Reaction score
There are quite a few Danby builds that are great so I won't bore you with mine. What's different and something I haven't seen before is a STC-1000 recessed in the front door panel so I've decided to share some images with this awesome community.

First picture is the door on the milling machine. The stainless steel was a lot tougher than I expected. I did quite a few passes removing very small amounts each time.

millingv.jpg

Cut out needing some finishing touches with a small metal file.

doorcut.jpg

I used a plastic outdoor jbox with gaskets. Cut it down quite a bit (approx. half the box was cut off.) I also added silicone sealant to limit the amount of condensation/moisture that entered the enclosure. As a cover, I cut some 5/8ths plexiglass. I liked how it looked. Could have used an all weather jbox plate. I cut a foam gasket and used it to seal it all up.

insidecomplete.jpg

The wiring was fun. If anyone is interested, I can take hires images or more detailed shots and put explain the wiring in detail.

Thanks again to all those who post their builds. Very inspiring and has bought me a lot.

outsidecomplete.jpg

closeupeb.jpg

Took a few mins to figure out how to post images!

The fridge looks scratched and dirty in these images...it isn't. I guess its the dust from the shop.

If anyone has any questions or needs help doing something similar, feel free to ask.

Latest posts

Back