Miller Lite Home Draft Dissected

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the concept of being able to reuse them. Considering that the cost of the 'tap a draft' or 'party pig' systems are so ridiculously expensive. Being able to drop a couple these into an ice chest and have a decent supply of 'homebrew on the go' is fantastic!

I've got a couple of these as I normally do 13 gallon batches. I put 5 gallons each into 2 cornies and always had left overs. I figured add two of these and I am set for the 13 gallons. But I am having issues.

I just put in a new cartridge and I can't even get it to pierce. Sounds like similar issues you are having.

Some people have mentioned that the cartridges they are using don't piece or seal properly. The cartridges I've gotten from the LHBS haven't had those problems though. You might try putting something like a small wad of paper towel beneath the CO2 cartridge as a spacer and see if it then will puncture and seal the cartridge.

Some people have mentioned that the cartridges they are using don't piece or seal properly. The cartridges I've gotten from the LHBS haven't had those problems though. You might try putting something like a small wad of paper towel beneath the CO2 cartridge as a spacer and see if it then will puncture and seal the cartridge.

Thanks I tried that. Probably had too much paper in there but the whole thing went fizz and the cratidge holder broke.

I am done with these things. I guess when they said single use they meant single use. I am glad some of you made them work. But for me I am just going to use an extra corny and just fill it with the 3 gallons instead of putzing around with these thins. As long as I purge the air I should be OK.

I have two broken ones now. I guess they are going into the recyling bin.

I bought one a while back, & I Primed with a bit of sugar & then added the co2 cart when i was ready to pour & all the co2 came right back out of the overflow valve. Not sure what I did wrong? anyway, I called my Brother over & we just drank the whole thing that night as to not let it go bad. it seemed like a nice idea, & I may try it again with water to see if I can get it working.

i found that a dime lying on the bottom of the holder is the right size to push the 12g cartridge up to the right height, but you'll likely need some plumbers tape to get the seal to hold.

i've used these and found that sometimes all the co2 would blow out and would have no way of pushing beer out...i've found out 2 things that can help prevent this. one is put the co2 cartage in first so that it lines up with the gasket on the top. second before you twist on the cartage dispense the beer so the pressure is low in the bottle and doesn't blow out. i use a beer gun after keging to fill and purge the air out. seems to work great for me

I just put in a new cartridge and I can't even get it to pierce. Sounds like similar issues you are having.

I had this problem as well. The spear used to pierce the cartridge has either come out with the last cartridge or fell out otherwise. Now you have a big beer bottle. The number of reuses isn't as high as I had expected.

Latest posts

Back