Hello from Ottawa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_m_s_00

Reaction score
Greetings folks,
I been brewing for about a year and half, and have about 8 batches under my belt so far. Started off with the can and corn sugar kit, which turned out to be drinkable at best. Then I tried a couple extract + steeped grains which turned out probably worse then the canned stuff. I started getting pretty down on brewing thinking that I’ll never be able to brew a beer that could come close to some mega brewery swill, so instead of giving up, I jumped off the deep end. I picked up some AG gear and ordered an AG kit from paddock wood (oatmeal stout) and gave it a shot. I was hooked!!! It turned out fantastic!! Been doing all grain since then and never looked back.

FYI, since then I found out why the extract batches were so terrible. When I was buying LME, there was no manufactured date on the container. The lhbs guy told me that it's not needed because it doesn't go bad!

Happy brewing~!! And thanks to everyone posting on this forum, I’ve learned a lot over the last few months

Welcome fellow Canuck! :mug:

Too bad about the LHBS guy, seems odd that he wouldn't know that given that he wants repeat business. I wouldn't say bad batches are conducive to that.

Welcome. And welcome to the AG club. The AG forum here has lots of good info.

Back