Hi from Ottawa!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proboskus

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Like the title says I'm from Ottawa, Canada. I stumbled onto this forum this morning and since I started working a desk job I think I've read every thread of every homebrew forum except for this one. So needless to say a breath of fresh air was very relieving. If there's anyone else on here from Ottawa I'm sure you'll agree with me in saying that Ottawa is not a homebrew friendly town. There is only one all grain shop that I know of (bless their hearts) and the rest are brew your own wine on premise type stores that happen to have a few kits and extract that's been on the shelf longer than I've been brewing. Gross. Anyway, I'm looking forward to using this forum because it really seems to have loads of new ideas that I haven't read about on other forums.:mug:

Welcome from another fellow Canadian! I feel your pain as well, here in Guelph there is one guy who sells grain (VERY little of it though, can you say munich in 250G baggies?). The others don't even sell the kit in a cans, just wine, wine wine!

Thanks, Axe I've been to bodensatz before. It's a handy site. And bradsul, I experienced the same thing. Crystal malt sold in 250g baggies. What lovibond it is I have no idea (and neither do the store guys). Like I said earlier, luckily there's a guy operating out of his house (read, dirt cheap prices and a class act of a guy) who is willing to sell in bulk. www.skinaneybrewing.com give them a look!

Back