Bayou Classic SQ14 mod

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Islandboy85

Reaction score
I had $13.52 burning a hole in my pocket, so I picked up a piece of diamond plate to make a much needed wind break for my burner. I live in Kansas, so wind goes without saying. I brewed with it last night, with 20 mph winds outside, and it worked great.

burner.jpg

Awesome, looks good too! Maybe I'll see about picking some D-plate up at Atwoods or something

Gota love living in the Air Capital. The Yard Store has so much cheap good metal from all the aircraft manufacturers. That 11x63 piece of plate would have cost me a boatload at a big box store.

man that is sweet. all my burners are round so i would have to try to bend something around a corny or something. it probably won't look as nice as yours

I was going to have the corners spot welded, but I think the screws are holding it in good enough. If I had used thinner material I would have needed it welded for strength.

man that is sweet. all my burners are round so i would have to try to bend something around a corny or something. it probably won't look as nice as yours

If you get a piece of say .015 stainless or .032 aluminum you could just roll it and screw it onto your burner as you go. It doesn't really matter how thick the metal is so long as it stops the wind

If you get a piece of say .015 stainless or .032 aluminum you could just roll it and screw it onto your burner as you go. It doesn't really matter how thick the metal is so long as it stops the wind

You can also use the aluminum air duct metal for this. It is already round!

Back