Ahhh my hands!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smizak

Reaction score
OK, I just did the Jim Koch thing with some hops as I tossed them in my boil kettle. My hands smelled great. Now how do I get them un-green and able to handle paper without it sticking to them? Holy coated in hop resin! :ban:

I'm a sicko, so when I've done that I walk around the house telling people to "Smell my finger". My husband, a burgeoning hophead, obliges and laughs.

LAVA - The manly man's soap. It's got rocks in it, can't get more manly than that. From the folks that brought you WD-40!

PS Do not use it on your face.

I just submerge my hands in the boiling wort, it seems to help get it off fairly quickly!

The burning sensation goes away after a few days, but your hands are clean!

LAVA - The manly man's soap. It's got rocks in it, can't get more manly than that. From the folks that brought you WD-40!

PS Do not use it on your face.

Extreme exfoliation.

When I worked on my cars, I used Fast Orange. It smelled like orange juice mixed with gasoline and felt like washing your hands with sand. I definitely took any and all grease off your hands, as well as the outer layer of your skin which would flake off a few days later. :eek:

I just submerge my hands in the boiling wort, it seems to help get it off fairly quickly!

The burning sensation goes away after a few days, but your hands are clean!

Wish I thought of that. I prolly left a couple IBU's on my hands.

Apparently if your Jim Koch, nothing. Or maybe he does that so much he's given up trying.

I just re-watched Beer Wars and every time Jim's hands were in the shot, they were COMPLETELY GREEN! I can't believe I missed this the first time!

I'm totally serious!

Apparently if your Jim Koch, nothing. Or maybe he does that so much he's given up trying.

I just re-watched Beer Wars and every time Jim's hands were in the shot, they were COMPLETELY GREEN! I can't believe I missed this the first time!

I'm totally serious!

Awesome. It doesn't get any more "beer" than having your hands permanently stained green from hops.

Latest posts

Back