Warmer weather recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiseAgainstMe

Reaction score
I am just looking for some ideas. I made my first two batches the other day and when I bottle one or both I want to make a third. I think bottling day is looking like the beginning of March so I wanted suggestions on a beer to make that will be ready in April or May and fit the weather.

Hefe weizens are a great, a slightly lower gravity pale ale, a petite saison, maybe something with some light spicing (hibiscus, citrus peel, that sort of thing), kolsch, smoked helles (if you can lager, or a smoked blonde if you can't). Any of those sound good?

Ha yea I like hefes as long as the right yeast is used. I don't like the one that makes them taste fruity. And no lagering capabilities yet.

I have a pre-prohibition style Cream Ale I really enjoy. Cream Ale with nice flavor. I also brew a hopped up wheat with low bitterness. I love Saisons and just brewed my first 3 batches of that, so I hope those turn out well. I vote something like that. But hell, I've drank an Imperial Stout on the beach in the middle of summer. I'll drink anything anywhere.

Oh yea, Witbiers are nice too. Also a Tripel.

I have a honey saison recipe that I really like for warm weather. I'll probably do an AG version in a month or two.

Back