cheap oak barrels for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorvan

Reaction score
Just a heads up. My LHBS. Just got in another small shipment of 5gal freshly dumped oak barrels in. They get small shipments regularly. Rightnow they are 75.00-80.00 a piece...like 20 left right now. They ship.

Its called adventures in homebrewing. Www.homebrewing.org

Last time I was in the shop, they kind of hinted at locals or people they knew or something like that. I could be completely wrong but it didn't seem like the kind of thing they had a ton of.

The origional 2 shipments were strictly for locals and regulars. But they are getting small but regular shipments and have opened it up for sale online. Unfortunatley, it looks like they sold the latest batch this morning. Perhaps if you guys still want them you could shoot them an email and get on the reserve list.

Sorry guys, I knew they go fast but I thought there would be a few still left by the time you read this

I bet. They're the perfect size and cheap..Ishmael.

Reserve yours now

I would, but I'm not into sours. I like oak flavoring and one of these little guys would be perfect but eventually it's going to get bugs and be worthless to me. Oak cubes are much cheaper for what I want to do.

I would, but I'm not into sours. I like oak flavoring and one of these little guys would be perfect but eventually it's going to get bugs and be worthless to me. Oak cubes are much cheaper for what I want to do.

There are all kinds of ways to keep the inside of the barrel bacteria free. Filling it with water and onestep in between uses is the easiest. I know people who have used them for years. Even after it lost its flavors and they just sanded down theold and retoasted it

Back