10%off ITC-308 Inkbird Outlet Thermostat Plug-n-Play $35 @Amazon Free Shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Inkbird Itc-308 Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2-stage, 1000w, w/ Sensor

10%Off discount, $35
Claim Code: 3ZEG3VYX
Date 09/24/2015 - 10/31/2015 PDT

Main features:
Plug and play design, easy to use;
Dual relay output, be able to connect with refrigeration and heating equipment at the same time;
Support reading with Centigrade or Fahrenheit unit;
Maximum output load: 1000W(110V);
Dual display window, be able to display measured temperature and set temperature at the same time;
Temperature calibration;
Compressor delay protection for refrigeration control
High and low temperature alarms are available;
Over-temperature and sensor fault alarm
Heating/Cooling differential function could be set separately for refrigeration and heating to protect temperature controller from violent change.

Specification
Temperature Control Range : -50~99 °C / -58~210 ° F
Temperature Resolution: 0.1 ° C / 0.1° F Temperature Accuracy: ±1°C (-50 ~ 70°C) / ±1°F (-50 ~ 160° F)
Temperature Control Mode :On/Off Control, Heating and Cooling
Input Power: 100 ~240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz
Temperature Control Output: Max. 8.5A, 100V ~240V AC
Buzzer Alarm: High and Low Temperature Alarm
Sensor Type: NTC sensor (Including)
Sensor Length: 2m / 6.56ft
Input Power Cable Length: 1.5m (5ft)
Output Power Cable Length: 30cm (1ft)
Dimension Body: 140x68x33mm (5.5x2.7x1.3inch)
Socket: 85x42x24mm(3.3x1.7x1inch)
Ambient Temperature: -30~ 75 ° C / -22~ 167 ° F
Storage Temperature: -20~ 60 ° C / -4~ 140 ° F
Humidity 20~85% (No Condensate)
Warranty: 1 Year

Package Content:
1x ITC-308 temperature controller;
1x Manual

Last edited by a moderator:
I was researching temp controllers and trying to stay on budget. This meant giving up features for a lesser price. This one has it all at a sweet price. I had $2.00 left over from an old Amazon gift card bringing the final price down to $33.00. Awesome!
:rockin:

Does the temperature probe fit in most carboy (6-6.5gal) thermowells?

Ordered mine on Monday and got it in the mail today. Also swapping out my FastFerment for a SS Brewmaster Bucket. Now all I need to do is buy a mini fridge to use this on!

Wow, wish I had seen this a month ago before building my own! It's nicer with more features and a great price with zero hassle.

Will this work with a 7 sq. ft. chest freezer?

I'm having difficulty finding its amp output but would not want to fry anything.

Will this work with a 7 sq. ft. chest freezer?

I'm having difficulty finding its amp output but would not want to fry anything.

Yes, no issues.

Inkbird, homerun on this product. Better, cheaper, and more convenient than every other solution out there. What more could you ask for?

I own quite a few now. :)

Would this work to cool a chest freezer rated at ~5 amps, considering startup on the compressor could be 10+ amps and exceed the rating of the controller?
thanks,
Chris

Update. received mine, plugged in 7.0 cf freezer, and works like a dream. Very simple to use and the heat/cool dual use is fantastic. Best thirty-five bucks spent yet, next to subscribing to this site of course.

Update. received mine, plugged in 7.0 cf freezer, and works like a dream. Very simple to use and the heat/cool dual use is fantastic. Best thirty-five bucks spent yet, next to subscribing to this site of course.

How many starting amps does your freezer take?

Hoping someone could answer this. I have a True GDM 26 that the specs state is 115/60/1 (voltage) and 7.2 (amps). Can I use this Inkbird ITC-308 controller for this? I don't know what it will draw on start up and I believe the Inkbird is rated to only 10 amps. Will this controller be OK to use and if not is there another option I should consider?

Just ordered this....looking forward to controlled fermentation temps and eliminating the swamp cooler.

Hello! I am now a proud owner of the ITC-308, just have a question.
The chest freezer where it's attached is set at its lowest fridge setting. I need it to be at 65F so it made sense.

I've been monitoring the ITC and it seems to keep the temperature stable enough. I'm only noticing that the compressor in the fridge seems to be running very often, way more often than my regular fridge.

Is this OK? Can this damage the fridge in the long run?

Also, if you can share a couple of tips to better measure the temp. with the probe and a
fermentation heater let me know.
Thanks!

Hoping someone could answer this. I have a True GDM 26 that the specs state is 115/60/1 (voltage) and 7.2 (amps). Can I use this Inkbird ITC-308 controller for this? I don't know what it will draw on start up and I believe the Inkbird is rated to only 10 amps. Will this controller be OK to use and if not is there another option I should consider?

It can work for your device.

Hello! I am now a proud owner of the ITC-308, just have a question.
The chest freezer where it's attached is set at its lowest fridge setting. I need it to be at 65F so it made sense.

I've been monitoring the ITC and it seems to keep the temperature stable enough. I'm only noticing that the compressor in the fridge seems to be running very often, way more often than my regular fridge.

Is this OK? Can this damage the fridge in the long run?

Also, if you can share a couple of tips to better measure the temp. with the probe and a
fermentation heater let me know.
Thanks!

Thanks for your question.

The compressor running is depended on the temperature ambience. If you set the difference value for longer, it will not run often.

Back