The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lester was awesome tonight, and the offense didn't disappoint.
Meanwhile, St Louis looked rather Busch.

And on a different astral plane, the Bruins slapped the Sabres in a never-close game. Should be interesting to see what the NHL does about Buffalo's goon...

Cheers!

Beyotch-slapping the Red Birds to open the Series?

Nice.

Having Beltran give himself a rib cage ouchie that for sure is going to take him down a bunch the rest of the way?

Priceless.

And did I hear correctly, St Louis doesn't even have a leftie starter?!?

Woof!

Sox in five...

Cheers!

ouch....getting out of the ballpark last night was no fun. they wouldnt even let us leave the parking lot till 1.5 hrs after the game, took me 3.5 just to get on the road, 40 min home. but that was one hell of a game.

paulthenurse said:
Word to any guy who's looking to have a job next year....

If you call off the infield and say "I've got it!" you ought to at least raise your arms up and sorta kinda try to catch it. Just sayin'

Moose,
I'm working around the yard all day on Saturday, shrink wrapping the boat, brewing and painting the shed, etc. I talked to SWMBO about having some friends over on Sat night. You're welcome to come over and join us. We'll be breaking in the new brick patio that my nephew AJ built for us. http://www.greenboyslandscapes.com/ AJ does nice work. We'll be out there using up the last of the garden harvest. I picked all the sage today and hung it up to dry. Planning on roast pork with sage, apples and squash, and the obligatory fire in the fire pit. Its a lot cheaper to drink here, even if the selection doesn't match the Yard House or BBC.

Appreciate the offer Paul, but I didn't realize while I was making plans for the game, so was Mrs. Moose. I probably don't have to tell you how that conversation went.

That uncaught pop-up was probably the single worst play I've seen all year. And am I nuts - or did they give Drew credit for a hit on that? I swore at his next at-bat, they said he was 1-fer-1.

the error light on the green monster lit up...

but that must have been in error cause on MLB.com it shows this:

Bottom 2

1.Stephen Drew singles on a pop up to catcher Yadier Molina.

So apparently, it cannot be called an "error" if the ball does not hit a glove, which is one of the many stupid, stupid, STUPID rules in Major League Baseball. It's right up there with "if the pitcher motions accidentally with his right hand when changing pitchers, he cannot bring in the lefty reliever" rule. It's right up there with the lack of a rule defining what a "checked swing" is (it's not defined anywhere). It's right up there with using an exhibition game to determine home field advantage in the World Series. MAN, that's stupid.

I skated with some Boston Bruins Players a few days ago. Paille, Soderberg and Backup goalie Johnson did some drills with my sons hockey team. I coach 7, 8 and 9 YO mites. It was pretty cool. They were very nice to spend an hour with them. Taking pictures, signing sticks and autograph cards. My son had so much fun. I have to say, the Mite hockey player in me was pretty excited too.

cardserror_medium.gif

batshatter_medium.gif

That'll leave a mark! I told the_Wife, he was about six inches away from have a one-ball count.

As if we needed more evidence of why Eck was one of the greatest pitchers of all time.

...the 1989 World Series, which was interrupted by a 6.9 magnitude earthquake minutes before Game 3.

When it was apparent that the Series would be postponed for several days, Tony La Russa, manager of the Oakland A's, took his team to Phoenix for an impromptu Spring Training in October.

Mike Moore: Another Tonyism was, "We've got the best pitching staff in baseball. So who better for our hitters to face?" I don't think the hitters appreciated it too much.

Dave Henderson: We all hated Eckersley because he was basically a dick on the mound. I'd faced the guy for 10 years and he was a dick before. The only reason we let him live was because he was on our team.

Sandy Alderson: During that game, I think Eckersley drilled Canseco. He took a free shot at him.

Dennis Eckersley: Jose comes up to bat and he's pointing to center like Babe Ruth. The first pitch, I drilled Canseco in the back. I dunno, I guess I just got jacked up and threw as hard as I could. Jose's coming to the mound and he's pissed. Finally, everything cools down. It was a strange moment.

Dave Henderson: After it was all over, Canseco comes to me and says, "Hey, Hendu, you think Eckersley hit me on purpose?" I'm like, "You idiot. He's only walked three guys the whole year!"

Bruins score with .8 seconds left in the game to best a good San Jose team. Great win!

Hopefully the Sox can follow suit...

Cheers!

[edit] BIG PAPI STRIKES AGAIN!!

[edit2] Too bad, Lackey deserved better, but Breslow managed to croak any chance of a win. Make up game Saturday night!

Well, last night the Sox won it on Cards errors, tonight the Cards won on Sox errors.
Though I don't really know that the one on Salty should have been called an error; it wasn't a good throw at all.
Cards pitchers were clutch, other than the one mistake to Ortiz.
On to St Louis we go...

Grabbing a sandwich for lunch and a Cards fan, obviously from out of town... Got the Freedom Trail Guide and everything... Just ordered a meatball sub with tomatoes and ranch dressing.

What...... the...... FCK!?!?

We're pretty provincial around here. I mean I used to think that only an animal would ever put anything other than mustard on a hot dog. Ketchup was allowed until you turned 6, then it was time to man up. If you were feeling wild you would put some sour kraut on. Chili and cheese? Only if you were falling down drunk.

Then I spent a weekend in Chicago. Farkin' A!!!! Those Chicago dogs were farkin' great!

Maybe he's got something there? Ranch dressing on a meatball sub?

Nah!!!! He's a farktard!

Back