Pin Lock - Ball Lock Adapter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CooperBrew

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is a retread of a thread but I've been looking at kegs and the associate hardware so long the past few days my head is :confused:

I'm in the early process of building a keezer that should hold 4 corny kegs. I'm not having the luck finding ball lock kegs which many seem to prefer. Pin locks are a bit easier to find/cheaper. I thought I remember reading a post here (or via google searches that I've lost track of) that described using a threaded adapter of sorts to connect to either ball or pin lock kegs. I figured this way (it it does exist) I could use either or in my keezer.

Has all this thinkin' and drinkin' scrambled my noggin' :drunk: or does this type of setup exist?

As always, thanks for the help :)

What you are thinking of is terminating all the beer and gas lines at the keg ends with flare fittings - swivel nuts with hose barbs - so you can then swap the type of Quick Disconnect between ball lock, pin lock - and with an adapter to a coupler - Sanke kegs.

The fitting looks like this
tn2_mfl093011143849.jpg

and should be available at any home brew supply store...

Cheers!

Back