Pro-Mahs batch size and water needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

korndog

Reaction score
I'm having a senior moment here. I just had to up my "left in kettle" quanitty to try a new setup and was wondering about batch size. If I plug in 5.5 gallons for batch size, this will be my after boil quantity above the post boil waste numbers; right? In other words, my 5.5 gallon batch will only be 4.5 gallons into fermenter if I leave a gallon in the kettle and chller. So the "after boil" above the waste entries should be the same as batch size, not the final volume?

KD

YES, 5.5 is post boil, before any transfers or losses in the kettle, chiller etc...

I just recently got my water requirements down for my HERMS... so that I can run my HLT and MLT dry during my sparge, boil for 90 minutes, and end up with 5.3 gallons post boil. Leaving .2 gallons in the kettle, and .1 gallons in the primary, 5.0 going to the keg.

YES, 5.5 is post boil, before any transfers or losses in the kettle, chiller etc...

I just recently got my water requirements down for my HERMS... so that I can run my HLT and MLT dry during my sparge, boil for 90 minutes, and end up with 5.3 gallons post boil. Leaving .2 gallons in the kettle, and .1 gallons in the primary, 5.0 going to the keg.

Ok, thnks Pol, I figured as much, but was second guessing my logic even though I have been using this softwar for all of my brews.

I have days like that too bro... no problem! Glad to help!

Latest posts

Back