Auto-Siphon & bottle rack questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwndragon

Reaction score
Needed a new racking cane, so I went to pick one up a a local home brew shop and saw the auto siphon so I picked that up instead since I've heard good things about them. They also had the bottle racks and rinsers there so I picked up a 45 bottle one. I swear walking into this place is just like when I walk into the Harley shop or home depot, I go to buy $10.00 worth of stuff and walk out $ 70.00 lighter. I really don't know how I ever bottled without the rack and rinser, I was getting ready to bottle a scotch 80 ale today, it only took me like 30 mins for 2 cases of bottles to clean them.
Anyhow, the questions I have are;
1. Does anyone know of a clip like they use on the small racking canes for the auto-siphon?
2. Does anyone sell just the extra bottle wheels (can't think of what else to call them) for the racks?
Thanks in advance

I haven't seen any clips for the autosiphon, I've looked (although not too hard). It should be fairly easy to make your own, especially a ghetto one. Maybe use a clothes pin and a hose clamp?

yeah, no clip/holder exists for the auto-siphon. its only needed for buckets...a carboy mouth holds it mostly in place.

Thanks for the help.
I figured I was going to have to make my own clip, no big deal, I'll just modify the one I have for the smaller tube. I figure if I cut down a piece of PVC pipe I have and epoxy it to the small clip it should work. I've got to remember to check the morebeer site more often, I keep forgetting about that one. I normally check Northern, Midwest and Austin and figure if they ain't got what I'm looking for, then I'm not going to find it.
Again, thanks

Yep, I know what you mean. Last week, I went into the local homebrew shop for a pack of Wyeast and I walked out with a $96 receipt. What's really crazy is that they didn't even have the yeast that I went to get! So I didn't even buy any yeast that day. I think they are starting to like when I come walking thru their doors.

Yeah, it's like for me too. Sometimes I even walk out forgetting all about what I went in for. It's like a big toy store LOL. Widgets and gadgets, can't live without them.

I used one of the regular black spring loaded racking cane clips and bent the tabs that hold the cane wider to accept the auto siphon. I then took a regular rubber band and wrapped it around the clip and auto siphon several times. The rubber band slides up and down well enough to allow for depth adjustment.

Latest posts

Back