yay all grain boo stores

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paithian

Reaction score
Been brewing for a year extract and one partial mash decided today to do my first all grain brew got all my stuff and what do ya know the propane place is closed :( now I gotta wait till Tuesday to brew

Really? Every grocery store, pharmacy, party store 7-11 and gas station in metro Detroit has blue rhino swap out. You mean there's nothing like that in ALL of Wixom? Not even a Meijers or Krogers?

I have brewed plenty of ag batches on the stove. If you have gas just center over two burners.

Yeah, I agree with Revvy. It might cost you more to do an exchange vs. a refill, but that's a small price to pay to keep your brew day going!

Revvy said:
Really? Every grocery store, pharmacy, party store 7-11 and gas station in metro Detroit has blue rhino swap out. You mean there's nothing like that in ALL of Wixom? Not even a Meijers or Krogers?

Wixom must have a 7-11. Hell, even the Walgreens in Chicago has blue rhino.

Revvy are you in metro Detroit? I grew up there...

Been brewing for a year extract and one partial mash decided today to do my first all grain brew got all my stuff and what do ya know the propane place is closed :( now I gotta wait till Tuesday to brew

don't gas stations have propane near you?
I got a 20lb tank filled at a Conoco at 1am.

The fact that he hasn't replied means he had an aha moment as soon as he posted and jumped in the car....He probably passed a half dozen blue rhino places on his way to finding out the refill place was closed.

Oh we have the blue rino Exchange and all that I just like to just take my tank to the refill place that way I only pay for what they put in the tank

Oh we have the blue rino Exchange and all that I just like to just take my tank to the refill place that way I only pay for what they put in the tank

Sorry, but that's not a good enough excuse for aborting a brew day. I'm going to need you to turn in your homebrew card now! :drunk:

Hahaha yeah its all good I just ended up takeing my kids swimming instead ill brew Tuesday morning my next day off not to upset just excited lol

Well, I guess I can't argue about spending time with your kiddos. My daughter is now in college and works fulltime, so I do a lot of brewing to give me something to do! I raised her by myself for 13 years, so I can relate with giving up a weekend for kids...

You must brew on tuesday to keep your homebrewer status, though!
:D

Hey good luck on first all grain. I'm sure it'll go smooth. I'm enjoying my first bottle of all grain right now. Glug:)

So was able to brew my Octoberfes ale yesterday and for my firs allgrain things went pretty well missed my mash temp by 2degrees and my post boil og by .001 so perfect on that just going to be a bit dry but couldent have done half as well without this wonderful site

So was able to brew my Octoberfes ale yesterday and for my firs allgrain things went pretty well missed my mash temp by 2degrees and my post boil og by .001 so perfect on that just going to be a bit dry but couldent have done half as well without this wonderful site

2 degrees on mash won't make a huge difference and a gravity difference of .001 is basically not even an issue. I'd say you did great!

Back