experimental high gravity cocktail cider idea what do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSDracula

Reaction score
This is my idea...
Follow the general directions for Edwort's Apfelwien (2lb dextrose, Montrachet yeast) except instead of using only apple juice throw in some random 100% juice: cherry, pomegranate, blueberry, etc. Basically whatever I can find at the Sunflower Farmers Market that my SWMBO works at. I get a 20% discount on everything!
What do you think?

Try adding frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed) to your 100% apple juice. 1 can per gallon should bost it to about 11-12% ABV (with the sugar). Though the other juice works too. Regards, GF.

Subbing some of that dextrose for malt sugar + aj concentrate would certainly taste good I think. And then you could prime with other fruit juices!

There's threads on here about people trying this with many different juice flavors. Mostly they are happy w/ the results, but for some reason I remember reading that cranberry doesn't work out so well unless you sweeten it when you're done.

Back