any good brewery tours near Anaheim CA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadmazer

Reaction score
Hello all

Are there any good brewery tours in the Anaheim CA area?
Any that are better than others, etc?

Eric

Do you mean for-pay brewery tours where you go around on a bus and visit different breweries?

How much time have you got, and how far are you willing to travel? There's many great breweries in Orange County and LA, and if you are willing to drive a bit south from Anaheim...maybe 1-1.5 hours, you can hit a whole lot of great breweries in San Diego, too.

I didnt know anything about bussed brewery tours. A larger scale brewery with samples would probly work, any one brewery more interesting than others? Within an hour or less of Anaheim?

Golden Road is a bit of a haul from Anaheim.

For closer ones than that, try Tustin Brewing, Noble Ale Works, TAPS Fish House & Brewery (not really set up like a typical brewery--more of a restaurant that makes excellent beer), Cismontane Brewing, Strand Brewing, Monkish Brewing, El Segundo Brewing, and if you call them in advance, I think you can get into the newly reopened Angel City Brewing in downtown LA.

Also be aware that Beachwood has two locations, and the one closer to Anaheim (Seal Beach) is not a brewery. The place in Long Beach is a brewery, however.

I don't normally visit tasting rooms during the day, but Beachwood BBQ is open all day, as is TAPS.

For a recommendation on a fantastic (non brewery) craft beer location close to Anaheim that is open during the day, try Hollingshead's Deli in Orange, CA. Extremely friendly guys running the bar, excellent sandwiches, and one of the better bottle selections you are likely to see in the area.

Back