Bacon washing help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OsbornBrewing

Reaction score
So I have been following a couple other threads about the BYO Bacon pored or making bacon beer and bacon infused vodka. A method suggested in a couple threads was bacon washing.

Bacon washing has been used in bourbon and vodka and suggested for beer. add bacon fat, let it mix around, decrease the temperature and let it precipitate out and then remove it. i know they do it with bourbon and it imparts a ton of bacon flavor...
Can someone elaborate on this process? Temperature, times, length, tools, etc? I am guessing this is NOT done at boil temps, just not sure what range one would be doing this at. I am also guessing to do this after the boil as opposed to before.

I cant explain the process he used because I didn't ask about it but I had some of Chris Colby's bacon infused porter this weekend. We also mixed a couple other beers and infused them with bacon...intersting taste to say the least.

Latest posts

Back