New "Thermo-glass" glassware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm tempted to buy some of these for summer quaffing...does anyone have them?

S39.jpg

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/SHAKER_PINT_THERMO_GLASS_SET__P1878C238.cfm

Pricey, but if they work on those hot summer brew days, prolly worth the money.

I saw those, but my first thought was "those must be fragile as hell".

Besides, does the beer REALLY stay in the glass long enough to warm up ;)

I have smaller ones that I use for coffee and hard chilled liquor (jack on the rocks and stuff like that). I like them. They aren't as fragile as you might think. The ones I have can handle hot beverages which is fun- to be holding a clear glass of hot coffee, but your hand doesn't get warm.

One of the nice things about drinking a beer in the summertime is letting the cold get out onto your hands- you can rub it on your forehead or in SWMBO's cleavage and it is fun. I think you'd be missing out on that with those glasses.

They are cool though. :)

The description says they are stronger than real glass.

And when you brew outside in 95° and 100% humidity, it doesn't matter how long the beer is in the glass.... :) That is warm.

If I'm not mistaken, they're the ones made by Bodum, although these appear to be cheaper.

www.bodum.com and then click through to Tabletop and then Drinkware.

They're quite handsome. I have friends who got a set of espresso cups for their wedding, and broke half in the first year. They're definitely clever, but a little fragile I think.

Still nice though, I pine after them whenever I find some in a store (target now carries some, at least here).

kvh

Back