You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you blow 2 kegs in the same day, and think.. YAaa i can brew again to fill them.... or dang i should have brewed 2 weeks ago, to fill them today....

to follow up, when your hosting your club over and today, and you blow the kegs you were going to allow them to try ... sad

When you walk through the store and see air pumps and before you can say anything your wife says, "I know it can be used for beer, no you can't have it":(

You see some article on pot legalization with a photo of dried marijuana buds ("fatty nugs," as the kids are calling them these days), and you think "holy crap, what's wrong with those poor hop cones?!"

feinbera said:
You see some article on pot legalization with a photo of dried marijuana buds ("fatty nugs," as the kids are calling them these days), and you think "holy crap, what's wrong with those poor hop cones?!"

Hmmmmmm. Do you think they would do better in the boil or dry hopped?

When you walk through the store and see air pumps and before you can say anything your wife says, "I know it can be used for beer, no you can't have it":(

Awww... no offense intended to your SWMBO, but... That B****! Deny you toys... One of these days Alice, POW!!! Right in the kisser!

I kid, I kid. One day...

When you stay up till 3 am on a weekday brewing because you are going Camping the following day for 4 days and have a hefe that needs to rack to a keg JUST so that you can use the yeast cake for another hefe.

Or maybe that just means im a cheap-ass.

When you stay up till 3 am on a weekday brewing because you are going Camping the following day for 4 days and have a hefe that needs to rack to a keg JUST so that you can use the yeast cake for another hefe.

Or maybe that just means im a cheap-ass.

Seems like sound planning to me:rockin:

When you bottle 15 gallons at a friends house, it takes 4 hours with setup and cleanup, and as you're leaving the host's wife tells one of the other brewers to wish his wife a happy birthday.

Ha,lolz. I'd like to see that. I only have two rows of icons on my desktop. And Beersmith2,browser & antibullocks icon are dead center.

You have 150 bottles of beer ready :D ... Another 10 gallons in primaries, 10 gallons in secondaries, 3 more 5 gal recipes planned and you're thinking what else should I make?

When you finish reading a 203 page thread and now your sad but you remember to rdwhahb and feel much better.

when someone asks what you do in reference to make a living, but you reply, "I brew beer." instead of the job that pays the bills. you pros aren't allowed to agree with this.

I used a small Harbor freight one that was just a bit bigger then a 5 gallon pail. I used it to wet condition grain before milling. They had a recall on it and ended up with a gift card and haven't seen them in the store since.

Channel66 said:
I use mine to make/stir my yeast starters. Fermenting in a swimming pool just got way easier. :ban:

That's just crazy. There's no way to seal a swimming pool! It's only good for wild fermentations....

When you are moving, and your bros want to take you out... but you propose hanging out at your LHBS instead for an 'extended tasting session'.

The intense panic felt when there is nothing fermenting. Just felt this recently for a day, and quickly mixed up EdWorts Apfelwein just to give some yeast a home.

Not sure of why I feel the panic, there's only 250 bottles that are ready/conditioning at the moment...

When you look at your empty brewpots/carboys that have been resting for a period of time and feel sorry for them like your neglecting them.Then you go to your basement and look at your pipeline and begin to feel like a horder. Then you just shrug it off and go back up to procede looking through brewing catalogs.

When your alarm goes off in the morning and you sprint to the fermentation chamber just to see if it kicked off. You rejoice with the burping happy yeast, then head back to your room for a shower.

When your alarm goes off in the morning and you sprint to the fermentation chamber just to see if it kicked off. You rejoice with the burping happy yeast, then head back to your room for a shower.

Ahhh....nothing like the morning after check of the fermenter:rockin:

Back