Stainless steel mash tun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damdaman

Reaction score
I've noticed most people tend to use a modified picnic cooler as their mash tun. While this seems simple and cheap, I would prefer to have a stainless steel mash tun. What do people recommend? I don't really have metal working tools or skills... so I may be outta luck, but was hoping for some ideas.

Thanks.

Or get a 8-10 gallon kettle with a false bottom and wrap some sort of insulation around it.

You can buy the weld-less fittings online. Hire a machinist to drill it for you. It's not foolproof. (the drilling I mean, the fittings are easy). You can also get the fittings welded on, but it will cost more and be better.

or

Coleman 10 gallon cooler with stainless liner.
(Wife found this for me at a yard sale.)

MLT22.jpg

MLT19.jpg

8 or 10 gallon Mega Pot/ Polar Ware SS pot premade, sold at the online stores.
i use one w a bazooka scren that fits into the welded ball-valve spigot w a temp dial.

keggle and can be purchased from http://www.kegglebrewing.com/, can be custom ordered with couplings welded on in different places if so inclined, can then double as boil, hlt, mlt, electric (i had him weld in a one inch coupling just in case)

Back