Please help :) Kit came with aroma hops not on sheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earwig

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for starting a new thread for this but I am brewing now and desparate. My kit north rim wheat came with aroma hops but they aren't in the instructions or in the ingredients list... Should I use them? http://www.homebrewers.com/product/ALP1028/North-Rim-Wheat-Beer-Kit.html - they are argentine cascade. Thank you! Oh and the instructions have a sticker on them that says "this kit does not use finishing hops"

Yes, go ahead and use them in the last MINUTE of the boil. Finishing hops are used for the last 15 minutes whearas aroma hops are only for one minute... and hence you only get aroma out of them.

I didn't have much time to look up what these hops would add, and everyone here is so helpful that's why I came here first. I wanted to make sure that the aroma these add would be good for a wheat... I did search and find out that they are good for this type of beer... so that's cool. Thanks again.

Back