Beersmith for 3BBL or 6BBL system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schalk79

Reaction score
I am busy planning a much larger brewery. At the moment we use Beersmith for our 10 gallon system quite successfully.

From what I've read so far there are some tricks to scale from a small system to something as big as 3-6 BBL... Hops utilization in particular.

Our basic system will consist of:
Hot Liquor tank with HERMS coil (direct electric heating)
Mash / Lauter Tun
Wort Grant
Kettle (direct electric heating)
Plate chiller for cooling (with pre-cooled water)

What factors & tricks do I need to take into account to scale my current recipes...?

Thanks in advance

I would like to know also, I'm planning a 2-3 bbl stout system. Still doing lots of research.

SO i just did some playing around with Beersmith 2.0 and you can scale the recipes up to the size you want. You have to create a equipment profile with the specs of you system and what you calc your hop utilization to be a that size. I don't know if this is what you looking for but i would give it a try.
Cheers,

I can do that too but you need to know what your hop utilization is. Probably just have to do trial and error.

Back