Plugged bubbler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niftyirish

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newby and I just tried my first all grain betch. It was fermenting nicely in a 6 gal. carboy for about 3 days. One morning the bubbler was plugged with a cream colored foamy substance. I removed the bubbler cleaned the neck of the carboy and inserted a large diameter tube to a jug of water. The fermentation continued nicely for another day. Then the creamy substance began to climb up the large diameter tube. It isn't plugging the tube and the fermentation is contuing. What is happening? Am I doing something wrong? Is the batch OK?

Did you start off with all-grain? Or did you at least do a few extract kits before you did this one?

Anyways... you're getting krausen in your blowoff tube. It's natural and it will calm down in a few days.

Did you start off with all-grain? Or did you at least do a few extract kits before you did this one?

Anyways... you're getting krausen in your blowoff tube. It's natural and it will calm down in a few days.

Wow. what a fast response.
I've done quite a few extract batches but never encountered this before.
I thought krausen was a process to carbonate a flat natch.

Latest posts

Back