sugar to honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigErn

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What would be a good rule of thumb for replacing corn sugar in a recipie with honey. From what ive found 1 cup of sugar is about equal to 2/3 honey. Is that right?

I know honeys sugar content varies but I just dont like corn sugar and I have more honey than I know what to do with. :D

Honey is ~75% sugar and it's all fermentable. Honey does vary slightly in the content though. The rule of thumb on Gotmead's calculator is 74% sugar content in honey. And so far, the meads I've made with their calculator have been spot-on the actual gravity of the must.

You can send me the honey with one of those flat-rate shipping boxes, I'll pay pal you the shipping cost. As long as you have more than you know what to do with...

Well I already have a Mead, a Cyser, Two honey added beers with one more comming in a couple days... and I still have about 14lbs still laying around. Soon it will be Honey harvesting time again and I will have even more.

Back