Recipe ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecaaster

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have:
1 oz styrian goldings
2 oz willamette
1 oz mt hood
1 oz hallertau
1.5 oz fuggle
1 oz kent goldings
4 oz cascade
1 oz challenger
2 oz simcoe
4 oz chinook
1 oz columbus
2 oz northern brewer (Whole leaf)

AND
9 # amber DME
6.6 # Dark LME
3.3 # amber LME

AND
2 # crystal
1 # carapils
less than 1 # each of chocolate, roasted barley, black patent

AND
A 1 liter WLP 051 San Fran V Ale yeast starter that has been stirring for 30 hours.

AND...

>>>>No recipe yet!<<<<

Any ideas?
Id like to whip something up pre-game tomorow, preferably W/O running over to LHBS, but if i am one key ingredient away from making a killer beer, please mention it. I am going to partial boil about 2 gallons, then add the rest of the water for a 5 gallon batch. (got some nottingham, safale 04 and 05, and windsor dry yeasts as well, if my starter doesnt fit the bill) Thanks a lot everyone!

Jesus I should have posted this in the recipe forum, my mistake, this beginners forum has been all I've known for so long...

First thing that came to mind (maybe cuz I'm brewing one tomorrow) is an Arrogant Bastard clone. With the chinook and amber extract you should be able to brew something close. I'd pick up some crystal 120L, though. :mug:

stevecaaster said:
Hey everyone, I have:
1 oz styrian goldings
2 oz willamette
1 oz mt hood
1 oz hallertau
1.5 oz fuggle
1 oz kent goldings
4 oz cascade
1 oz challenger
2 oz simcoe
4 oz chinook
1 oz columbus
2 oz northern brewer (Whole leaf)

AND
9 # amber DME
6.6 # Dark LME
3.3 # amber LME

AND
2 # crystal
1 # carapils
less than 1 # each of chocolate, roasted barley, black patent

AND
A 1 liter WLP 051 San Fran V Ale yeast starter that has been stirring for 30 hours.

AND...

>>>>No recipe yet!<<<<

Any ideas?
Id like to whip something up pre-game tomorow, preferably W/O running over to LHBS, but if i am one key ingredient away from making a killer beer, please mention it. I am going to partial boil about 2 gallons, then add the rest of the water for a 5 gallon batch. (got some nottingham, safale 04 and 05, and windsor dry yeasts as well, if my starter doesnt fit the bill) Thanks a lot everyone!

Make an Irish Red! :mug:

Thanks for the input everyone, but I have both of those beers in secondary or bottles right now lol, I guess you cant really have enough arrogant bstard though... ;-)

Back