Whats the strangest thing you ever found in your beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makeyermark

Reaction score
I was pouring one into my glass the other day. I turned to rinse out the bottle, turned back to find a silver fish floating on the head of my beer :eek:

unfortunately the wife saw this also and is now very skeptical about the health standards in my brewing space / garage. Guess it's time to spray for critters.

And no...I didn't drink it.

I found an slice of orange in my Belgian wit. WTF? It's beer, not a cocktail!

Aaaaaanndd que the fruit-in-my-beer crowd.

unfortunately the wife saw this also and is now very skeptical about the health standards in my brewing space / garage.
I have no idea. I can only assume that one ran up and into one of my bottles while I was filling the others.

Dude, me too. How the hell did you get a fish in there? Where were you bottling that a fish could possibly "run" up into the bottle? And what kind of fish was it, that it had the stealth and ability to sneak up you, run up in the side of the bottle, then jump in without you knowing? No, no, there are too many questions left unanswered for this story to be over.

wiki silverfish Parker. It's a bug, not an aquatic critter.

Correct. I should have said silverfish, not silver fish. It's a creepy little bug with pinchers for a tail.

Can't top the head of Alfredo Garcia though. Reminds me of a Simpsons episode when the head of Aldolf Hitler was in a bottle that wizzed by at the duff factory.

Ya know, earlier today I was drinking an Icky IPA for my girlfriend's birthday and wouldntchaknowit, I found Jesus.

Correct. I should have said silverfish, not silver fish. It's a creepy little bug with pinchers for a tail.

So was it an earwig?
earwig-pincher-bug-extermination-san-diego.jpg

or a silverfish?
Silverfish.jpg

I found a plastic lid to a 1 gal jug of spring water in my trub as I was racking my beer. If that's not exciting enough, I found a pic of the real JFK killer in the bottom of a pitcher of beer. :mug:

I found an entire 3 piece airlock in my trub out of the primary.

I can only guess that I was sanitizing all my stuff, and it got lost and left in the bucket with the star-san foam. Since I have about 40 airlocks, I just thought my alzheimers kicked in, and that I didn't have one ready when it came to close up the fermenter. I just grabbed another and sanitized and put it on. I was a little puzzled at finding that airlock inside the primary, though. At first, I wondered, "How did that fall throught that tiny hole?" (I drink, you know, and that seemed to be what happened at first).

Judging Dixie Cup one year, we came across a bottle that had a glob of something stuck to the inside of the neck. We hoped (o, did we hope) it was a hop cone. Upon opening the bottle, we were immediately certain it was not a hop cone. I'll leave out the gory details and just say that we did not finish that bottle.

TL

I find the bottom of a glass everytime! No matter how many times I pour beer back into the glass I always find the bottom again.

It's disturbing! I try my hardest to keep filling the glass but, eventually, I get to a point where I can't even find the glass. :(

A few days ago I was having some delicious 777 RyePA. I took a swig, and noticed there was foreign matter besides beer in my mouth. Rather than spitting the whole mouthful out, I moved the whatever it was to my lips, swallowed the beer, THEN looked to see what it was.

Luckily it was a hop leaf. Does this mean I'm hardcore, obsessed, an alcoholic, or just frugal?

I found my extra stir-bar in the trub of the 999 barleywine. Since I pitched the barleywine on the yeast cake of the previous brew, let it sit in primary for 1.5 months I'd totally forgot about dumping that in with the yeast starter for the first brew.

I was drinking one of the last few bottles from my first batch last night, and when I poured it into a glass I found Waldo.

I found that the answer really is 42...shocked I tell you. And I found an urge to take a shot of tequila...:mug:

Back