$35 Lagerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperiorBrew

Reaction score
The freezer was free....I own a sports shop and it came filled with frozen buck lure. If you sold their pee they let you use the freezer for no charge. After the second year they went out of business and it sat in the storage area for almost 2 years. Since everything was always sealed and frozen it was like new inside and I just had to remove all the laminated propaganda from the outside and used goo gone to remove all the tape residue.
I had been using it with my Ranco controller but then needed that for my kegerator.

I snagged the Love controller off eBay for $35 all wired up in a project box with outlets and a nice long HD extension cord. It works great, I am lagering a Honey Kölsch in it rite now & have it set to 34º, it stays between 33º & 35º. I can fit one carboy and one corny or 3 corny's in it.
I mainly posted this because with the $49 price tag on a new love controller you can make a pretty inexpensive digital temperature controller that will control both heating and cooling for your lagerator or kegerator.

love_001.jpg

love_003.jpg

When I search for "love controller" on ebay, I get the adult ebay or nothing. Is there a different name to search for this controller, or do I have to get down and dirty?

newell456 said:
When I search for "love controller" on ebay, I get the adult ebay or nothing. Is there a different name to search for this controller, or do I have to get down and dirty?

They are $49 at Cole Palmer I just got two for my brew rig

newell456 said:

Ok...you cant tell the joke and not deliver the punch line...What the hell did you find that is described as a "Love Controller" on adult eBay?

Now, I've actually purchased deer urine and can attest to its stinkitude. It's not an odor that I'd want associated with my beer. That being said, the container was well sealed to keep all the pissy goodness inside, but I can't help but think that you'd have at least one breach that would forever contaminater the space.

How's it smell?

It (pee) came frozen and packaged in a sealed plastic bags, no smells in the freezer at all :D

Latest posts

Back