The other cowboy movie...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baron von BeeGee

Beer Bully
Reaction score
Anybody besides me and SWMBO seen The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada? Good flick! I bet the TX guys would like it, especially if you happened to catch Lone Star back in 95-96(??). Directed by and starring Tommy Lee Jones, written by Guillermo Arriaga (21 Grams, Amores Perros). Basically, an illegal ranch hand winds up getting shot by a slacker border patrol agent who's a bit overzealous with the brutality. Tommy Lee Jones has promised to make sure Melquiades is buried in his hometown in Mexico if something happens to him. Big voyage ensues with some sidetracks (don't want to ruin it), blurry lines around good/bad guys. Cinematrography is fantastic, and TLJ is still cool.

i dont know...the last 'cowboy' movie i saw was kind of wierd if you know what i mean...seriously though it sounds cool, i love the eastwood/kirwasawa type movies, i.e. 7 samarai etc...ill check it out...

Ivan Lendl said:
i dont know...the last 'cowboy' movie i saw was kind of wierd if you know what i mean...seriously though it sounds cool, i love the eastwood/kirwasawa type movies, i.e. 7 samarai etc...ill check it out...
I believe TLJ specifically credits Kurasawa and Sam Peckinpah (think Ride the High Country or Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia).

Back