blow off for better bottle..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Better Bottles take a #10 stopper. I drilled mine to fit the 1.25" tubing that I had on hand. I think the opening on them is 1 7/8ths and I could not find tubing to fit snugly.

Has anybody tried taking a large diameter hose and fitting it over the entire neck of the better bottle? I'm talking a big diameter (not sure what the OD is for a B.B. anyway. I ordered a couple BB's and while I'm waiting for them to arrive I'm contemplating the same question about blow-off.

I'm thinking that as long as it sanitized (the hose and the outer neck), and it is a snug fit, it would work fine, and would give plenty of room for the thickest blowoff imagineable.

Any thoughts?

BrianP said:
Has anybody tried taking a large diameter hose and fitting it over the entire neck of the better bottle? I'm talking a big diameter (not sure what the OD is for a B.B. anyway. I ordered a couple BB's and while I'm waiting for them to arrive I'm contemplating the same question about blow-off.

I'm thinking that as long as it sanitized (the hose and the outer neck), and it is a snug fit, it would work fine, and would give plenty of room for the thickest blowoff imagineable.

Any thoughts?
If you can find a tube that fits over it, that should work just fine. If it's not tight enough for you then zip tie it or put some safety wire around it or something along those lines.
Really guys, it's a blow off tube, not brain surgery.

Back