Anyone attempted a La Fin du Mond clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cweston

Reaction score
I had this for the first time over the weekend (to celebrate Michigan's triumph over ND) and enjoyed it a great deal--it seemed to have a little more character than most tripels I've tasted.

I'm not generally all that intersted in cloning, but I'd like to play with a recipe that's in the ballpark of this tripel. Any suggestions?

Oh I remember those - or rather I remember the headache that followed. I think I only had 6 but they're like 10% as I recall . . . tasty.

I know, off topic - I don't have a recipe.

Chairman Cheyco said:
Only six and you got a headache? We can only get them in 750ml bottles here, so that's what I pictured you drinking six of...

:drunk:

No, this was in Quebec around '97 and they were 12 oz.
I haven't seen them anywhere since. But, I'm way more south than you. ..
750ml! indeed!

In our beer/wine shop, our Unibroue distributor "randomly" alternates between 4-packs and 750's of their regular lines. For the longest time, we never saw Trois Pistoles in a 750, then that's all we saw. Same with the Maudite and La Fin and Chambly. It's really weird. Then again, we're still waiting for one of our distributors to somehow get us some Fantome, but prospects are not looking good. Oh, Fantome, why hath ye forsaken us!? :( Which leads me to suggest that we put together an Oceans-11-style takedown at Fantome to somehow steal a vial of their yeast strain. Goddamn, now that is one of the most distinctive strains I think I've ever had.

ian said:
No, this was in Quebec around '97 and they were 12 oz.
I haven't seen them anywhere since. But, I'm way more south than you. ..
750ml! indeed!
greens in columbia has them.

Back