Opened my primary today to take a peek...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
Its an english brown ale and Ive had it in the fermenter for about a week. I initially planned to use the 123 method, but ol Revvy made me rethink that. At any rate, the cooking of the wort was delicious (to me) and this brew smelled like beautiful EBA vomit. I am sooooo anticipating the bottling and ultimately drinking of this new brew! (I know its gonna be amazing already) And I dont think that it will last all that long either... *Sigh* Good thing I have a jug of apfelwein next to it. I dont think that will last long either... Im really starting to itch... I think I need to brew some more (outside). Boy did I get bit... :fro:
-Me

What have I gotten myself into? I never thought that the prospect of being a borderline alcoholic would be such a journey. (But of course this isnt the course we intend to set out upon)

It makes me look back and laugh at an old buddies neighbor who used to make is own wine. He had a wall of wine bottles surrounding his house, and was proud of the fact that he drank every last bottle up there. I used to think he was an 'old man wino' who used to beat up on his WingChun dummy (see telephone pole with padded sticks)

Now I realize he was merely an engineer of sorts... Damn if that guys sig isnt true - Homebrewing doesnt lead to alcoholism - it leads to engineering!

Well, time to round up the daughter and go out shopping... Daddys got a bad itch and its not even Xmas yet.
+1 for this place - HBT FTW!
(Now celebrate yourselves and drink a HB for me!) Cause mine is still waiting :(
-Me

How would one arraign the following statement:

'Will this hobby consume me before I consume it?'
or
'I'm consuming this hobby as fast as it is consuming me.'
or

What have I gotten myself into? I never thought that the prospect of being a borderline alcoholic would be such a journey. (But of course this isnt the course we intend to set out upon)

It makes me look back and laugh at an old buddies neighbor who used to make is own wine. He had a wall of wine bottles surrounding his house, and was proud of the fact that he drank every last bottle up there. I used to think he was an 'old man wino' who used to beat up on his WingChun dummy (see telephone pole with padded sticks)

Now I realize he was merely an engineer of sorts... Damn if that guys sig isnt true - Homebrewing doesnt lead to alcoholism - it leads to engineering!

Well, time to round up the daughter and go out shopping... Daddys got a bad itch and its not even Xmas yet.
(Now celebrate yourselves and drink a HB for me!) Cause mine is still waiting :(
-Me

My wife calls it "Daddy's Happy Juice" and I'm not even a father. Also she is not referring to the beer I drink she is referring to the seven carboys I have full of beer that I go to visit several time a day.

lol ya my wife jokes me when i tell her to come look at my progress. I think my dogs are sleeping better because the primarys are in there room, smells of apples (apfelwine x2)

I just did the same thing. My Imperial Pumpkin Ale has been fermenting for 6 days now and IT'S STILL GOING! The krausen (sp?) is about twice the size it was two days ago! I think I'll wait a good nother 6 days before transfering it into the secondary....

-Me

Don't feel bad.. I don't hardly drink at all (If I don't increase my intake at all I could probably go a year on what I have made already lol!!!) and am hooked like a big old catfish. even got a name picked out for the brews and wines I make. Gotta figure out how to make a sig line lol!

Wow, thanks for the blast from the past! Gladly I can report that nothing has changed! Im still addicted!
-Me

Yeah, come from being incredibly excited about my first batch, to being so excited I dry hopped the wrong batch...
LOL Some things never change :p
-Me

Dude you are going to have a great time!!! Brewing is Awesome!!! And the beer is great!!! You wont look at things the same after now..... You could be brewing!!!!!!:tank:

Dude you are going to have a great time!!! Brewing is Awesome!!! And the beer is great!!! You wont look at things the same after now..... You could be brewing!!!!!!:tank:

You do realize don't you that this thread is really old and someone bumped it up. AND that Joe, despite his latest mistake, is now an old timer on here and in brewing? :D

Revvy and all involved sorry dude it is the RIS!!!! Just tapped the keg, couldn't wait!!!! Sorry man!!!:eek: All involved please forgive me and the RIS!!!!!!:tank: I wiill log off now and have another brew!!!

Revvy sorry dude it is the RIS!!!! Just tapped the keg, couldn't wait!!!! Sorry man!!!:eek: All involved please forgive me and the RIS!!!!!!:tank:

No need to apologize..you enthusiasm was cool!!! It was just funny that noone realizez this is an old thread.:rockin:

Enjoy you ris!

Thanks man!!!!! Dude I am reworking my mash tun, well it might have to wait till the morning when I can see a little clearer. But this is the best thing going!!!! I plan my days off to brew now. Life is good!!!

maybe it should be
1 extract
2 partial
3 all grain

Just a thought!!! Got to say good night before I make a bigger a$$ of myself!!

Latest posts

Back