Get 30% off at ebay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bashe

Reaction score
I have not seen this posted but if you do a search on live.com you will get a link at the top for 30% ebay "buy it now" purchases. I just picked up a crankanstein 3d for $122 plus shipping.
You can search live.com for anything, you just need the ebay 30% off link to show up at the top of the search results. Once you click the link to ebay you can search for anything, I searched for "grain mill" on live.com then changed the search to crankanstein once I got to ebay. The only trick is you have to make the purchase in 60min or less. I would of got the hopper for $25 but I took to long.

Awesome. I just bought a guitar amp and a metal chop saw that I've had my eye on and this saved me $150+. Thanks :ban:

Personally, it sounds way too complicated. It appears to be a rebate program, not an instant discount.

Qualifying Purchase
To make a qualifying purchase, you must do all of the following:

* Search for an eBay.com item on Live Search.

* Click on an eBay.com sponsored advertisement on Live Search that has the cashback icon a gold circle with a dollar sign, next to the advertisement. When you click on the advertisement, you will begin an online session. Sponsored advertisements typically appear at the top or along the right hand side of the page of a Live Search search results page in a shaded or colored area of the page.

* Purchase an eligible eBay.com Buy-It-Now item using PayPal within 60 minutes of the time you began the online session. Cashback Rewards will apply only to the first eligible item you commit to buy during an online session. You may make only one qualifying purchase per online session.

* To make additional qualifying purchases, you must repeat each of these steps including initiating a new search on Live Search.

Receiving Cashback Rewards
After your first eligible purchase is completed, you must go to My Messages on eBay.com and look for a message from eBay with "cashback" in the subject line. Click the "Get Cashback" link or button in the message to set up a Cashback Program account with Microsoft by providing all information required by Microsoft (or, if you already have a Cashback Program account, log into your account in order to associate your eBay purchases with that account).

Once you have created a Cashback Program account and have logged in to associate your eBay purchases with your account as described above, the Cashback Rewards will be available in your Cashback Program account approximately sixty (60) days after you pay for your qualifying purchase. PayPal in its discretion may decide to pay your Cashback Rewards more quickly on a case by case basis. Cashback rewards are issued to the PayPal account you used to make the qualifying purchase on eBay.com.

Limitations
Only certain items selected by eBay from time to time in its sole discretion will be eligible for Cashback Rewards. eBay will notify you on the purchase review page of the Buy-It-Now transaction process if the item you wish to purchase is not eligible. Please review the purchase review page carefully before you commit to buy an item. Please note, the following will always be ineligible for Cashback Rewards: purchases that are completed on eBay Express or www.half.ebay.com; purchases of automobiles or other vehicles; purchases of real estate. Cashback Rewards cannot be transferred or applied to multiple eBay.com accounts.

It is very easy actually. Just search for like "cheap wii" on live.com and click the ebay banner than should be the first in the list.

Then when ebay opens, change the search in ebay to whatever your looking for.

This will only work on "Buy It Now" items however

The program is actually really easy for those who already do eBay and Paypal. Just involves using the live.com search and a live account. The problem right now is that some peole are getting near instant rebates and others (like myself) are having to wait for the cash back.

Still, if you look up the right auction, you'll wind up saving a ton of money.

What I bought this weekend
code scanner and saved $40
dvd set for my kid and saved $17
gm repair manuals for new used vehicle I have coming and saved $17

What i am getting
chain and sprocket set for my m/c and saving $50
new 60 quart brewpot and saving $20.

the prices on eBay without the cashback are among the best if not the best and with the cashback, the prices are insanely low.

I can also agree with the OP, if you know what your looking for and what you can save time is a factor you can't screw around just buy. This is why the "War Department" AKA wife has Paypal not me. I must pass what I want thru her. This sucks but then she does the household billings.

Latest posts

Back