March Swap ~ ChillHayze's Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillHayze

Reaction score
I sent a few of you some beer. Some broke and that was unfortunate. Hopefully it was made alright.

Among the entries were:

an ESB
a MH9 clone
a random Belgian

But, if you got a box you know what is in it, and you have the recipies, and even a BJCP judge sheet to give you some ideas... If your bottle is underfilled, I am sorry but I was having considerable difficulty filling from the tap that night. :drunk::p:drunk::drunk:

great color good clarity very tasty with a caveat: the apricot is a little overpowering and raw try adding it into the secondary for a week or so before bottling it'll help take the edge off the apricot bitterness. mh should just have a hint of it to tickle the tastebuds and excite the palate.

eriktlupus said:
great color good clarity very tasty with a caveat: the apricot is a little overpowering and raw try adding it into the secondary for a week or so before bottling it'll help take the edge off the apricot bitterness. mh should just have a hint of it to tickle the tastebuds and excite the palate.

Thanks I will try the secondary addition next time. I thought it needed a little more at the 15 min addition. Hop flavor was a little light for my taste.

Magic hat #9
Bottle was under filled, not carbonated, gave it a shot anyway....
And glad I did. It was a bit oxygenated, but sweet and pretty clean. I would love to see the recipe for it. first taste was a bit of a kick of something, eriktlupus said something about apricot, I wouldn't have guessed that, but that is what it must be. Bit of a twang or astringency in the finish, but overall pretty good!
Kinda went downhill as it warmed, but prolly due to the bottling issues.

Hey ChillHayze,
Are you ever going to review my brews?
I never heard anything from you.
I assume you got them yes?

StankAle said:
Hey ChillHayze,
Are you ever going to review my brews?
I never heard anything from you.
I assume you got them yes?

dude, I haven't had a weekend off in like a month. Until now. Look for a review this weekend. I haven't reviewed anyone's yet.

chillHayze said:
dude, I haven't had a weekend off in like a month. Until now. Look for a review this weekend. I haven't reviewed anyone's yet.
Sorry to hear man. Hang in there and review whenever you have a chance.

Back