what new varieties to plant.?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackstrat5

Reaction score
Last season I planted cascade, MT. Hood, and williamette. I'm thinking of planting another one or two varieties. I was thinking of a high acid hop like magnum. I like that its been sort of clean bittering hop for me. Otherwise if it's worth it, I'm thinking a German or something similar aroma hop. Any suggestions? Whether its worth it or I should or shouldn't do magnum. A good German aroma hop I can grow with good results here in the USA?

I have magnums here at the farm.The hail hurt them more than others.I do not expect a great yield from them ever due to our climate.They do like cloudy and cooler so if you are in a area that offers this try them.Or just plant anyway and relize that they are not going to grow as large or produce as much.It comes down to one less hop you have to go to the store for

I'm in Southern Maryland. Some summers it seems like the weather could go either way. I guess I'll give magnums try. Does anyone have a good idea for a german aroma hop that will do well in US? I was thinking of Tettnanger.

Back