My Stem Casters at Caster City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcav

Still Believing In God, Family &This Great Country
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for casters to mount on their stands and they don't have a washer welded to the bottom of the metal tubing, I bought these 4 inch casters with the ER rubber stem (rated for 1200 pounds) and they work great! http://www.castercity.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=3APA4X-ML&ReturnTo=../cm3a-stem.htm

I have 1 1/2 inch square tube with 1 3/8 inch internal diameter. The brakes on these swivel casters not only lock the wheel but also lock the swivel in place as well.

Click on the link below and then click on the installation instructions for the ER stem caster to see how they install.

http://www.castercity.com/cm3a-stem.htm

The rubber expanded very well inside the tubes of my stand, and the caster is locked in and is very secure. Just thought I'd post this if someone is deciding on what to purchase if they don't have a washer on the bottom of their stand legs. These are very high quality casters and they are custom made to order.

I am looking at getting some of these casters for my stand. At $25 bucks a piece is there a better more cost effective option? Also there are 12 different types of wheel material, anybody have suggestions on which one to choose.

I am looking at getting some of these casters for my stand. At $25 bucks a piece is there a better more cost effective option? Also there are 12 different types of wheel material, anybody have suggestions on which one to choose.

Peppermg, the reason I went with polyurethane mounted on aluminum wheels is because this combination is excellent for standing loads, and all that liquid, grain, kettles, burners, etc. really add up. Water weighs 8 pounds per gallon just by itself. The kettles could weigh upwards of 30 pounds with all the valves and couplings attached to it, plus 80 more pounds with ten gallons of water inside them.

I called Caster City and their staff is very knowledgeable. They recommended this wheel in the four inch size for what I was building. I also added the swivel option for easy moving and manuverability and brakes for each wheel so the stand does not move when I am brewing.

There are many other places to obtain casters, and some people get theirs at the box stores and e-bay and they can get them a lot cheaper. I am taking my time building my stand and purchasing the parts a little at a time and I did not mind spending the money for such a premium castors. I can't say enough about the quality, and they were a snap tp install and function perfectly. I am totally satisfied with my purchase and would use this company again if I needed more casters in the future.

Just make sure you get castors that are rated for the amount of weight that you plan on putting on them, plus a little more and you should have no problems.

I hope this helps...............

John

Back