Beers with Columbus Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwmgdman

Reaction score
Hi everyone....

Do you know of commercial beers with Columbus hops? I'd like to try a few and get a feel for those hops as they have me a bit intrigued. Midwest availability a plus.

Thanks,

Justin

columbus hops are the jack of all trade as far as hops go imho. they are good for bittering, aroma and flavor. buy two ounces and make a batch, you'll not be dissapointed.

i can't think of any commercial off hand, but the hop is still stellar.

Incidentally, you can get a pound of Columbus pellets from Northern Brewer for only $7. Just bought some for the Resurrection 777 IPA, I'll end up making an all-Columbus pale ale at some point as well.

the_bird said:
Incidentally, you can get a pound of Columbus pellets from Northern Brewer for only $7. Just bought some for the Resurrection 777 IPA, I'll end up making an all-Columbus pale ale at some point as well.

I recommend Brewpastor's all columbus recipe. That was the best homebrew I've ever had.

Abita Jakamo uses Columbus hops. I love it, but most people I've introduced it to don't like the earthy flavor.

I bought a pound of Columbus this year cuz they were so cheap. I agree with the above make a SMaSH with them. Pretty earthy, dank with some citrus, good stuff

Back