AHS Shock Top Clone Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph25

Reaction score
I was wondering what other people's experiences have been with this kit. I brewed this almost two weeks ago. As far as the hydrometer is concerned it appears to be done fermenting but I think I will let it sit for another week before kegging. The thing is, in looking at and sampling some of the hydrometer sample this so far doesn't look or taste like Shock Top. I'm hoping as far as the taste goes it is just young and will improve. Anyone have experience with this one? Also, I was wondering about putting some orange zest in when kegging? Good idea or not so much?

I have never done the shock top kit but if you want to kick up the orange flavor a bit. Get some sweet dried orange peel at your LHBS, boil 2 cups of water, add a half ounce or so to the boiling water, boil 10 min, cool, then add to the fermenter and let it sit for another week or two before you keg it.

I wouldn't expect any "clone" brew to taste exactly like the original, especially a hydrometer sample.

Latest posts

Back