Looking to swap brew kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forstmeister

Reaction score
I have a 15 gallon aluminum kettle without lid that I would love to swap for a 10 or so gallon (preferably with lid). I am in Chicago, on the north side.

JonGrafto said:
I have a 52 qt aluminum kettle with a lid that I might be wililng to swap. I am in Wisconsin though... let me know... Here is the one that I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072NG0JI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

How much did you pay for that "tamalera"? I bought an aluminum 100 quart (25 gallons) with lid and false steam bottom at some local Mexican grocery store in Chicago for $100. I thought that was a pretty good deal but I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much did you pay for that "tamalera"? I bought an aluminum 100 quart (25 gallons) with lid and false steam bottom at some local Mexican grocery store in Chicago for $100. I thought that was a pretty good deal but I'm not sure.

I want to say like $50 or $60 plus shipping back in January. Looks like they ran out and are out of stock. $100 doesnt seem so bad for a 25 gallons though. Sounds about right.

Back