Dollar tree nylon grocery bag dispenser - hop strainer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
Hey all!

So, drinkin around the dollar tree the other day, i came across a "grocery bag dispenser" so i looked at it, basically it has a metal ring around the top and bottom, and has an overlapping slit on each end and it's setup like a tube, i picked one up to try this weekend, but has anyone tried these before?

here is a pic i found around the net.

i was thinking i could just sew up the bottom and hang the top hanger piece off the pot handle and call it a day (worlds cheapest hop bag?)

organizeeverything1_2137_8988533819

My only concern would be the type of metal the rings are made of. If the bottom one is carbon steel, you have a potential rust issue.

Definitely wash the crap out of that thing.. I'd be nervous about nasty chemicals too, especially from that China stuff. They found lead and other heavy metals in those reusable grocery bags they sell.

Idk man. I myself shy away from China-anything that I'm going to use to prepare/store/cook foodstuff with.

Idk man. I myself shy away from China-anything that I'm going to use to prepare/store/cook foodstuff with.

Agreed. It only cost me $6-7 to build a hop spider with a 6" PVC round and 5 gallon pain strainer bag.

Back