garlic beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougBrown

Reaction score
I've tried homemade garlic beer and I really want to give it a go. I've been doing quite a bit of browsing but all the recipes are for all-grain. I'd like to start with a kit beer (BrewHouse) to get a feeling as to how much garlic to use and how to get it "in" as kit beers are no boil. Any ideas?

Thanks Revvy. I already checked out this thread. I think I'll try boiling the garlic in the water I'd add to the kit. At least it will give me an idea as to the quantity then I can go ahead with my regular brewing method.

Sorry man but that sounds like the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of, but, maybe dry hop or something to preserve volatile oils?

Holy Crap, in 2013 Dogfish Head released a Black Garlic Beer! Check it out.

Thrillist has an article on it as well... whowouldathunkit.

Funny I actually was going to start fermenting some black garlic this year...not for beer, but for cooking with.

But maybe a small batch of black garlic porter is in my future.

I've tried homemade garlic beer and I really want to give it a go. I've been doing quite a bit of browsing but all the recipes are for all-grain. I'd like to start with a kit beer (BrewHouse) to get a feeling as to how much garlic to use and how to get it "in" as kit beers are no boil. Any ideas?

Get an extract kit that requires a 60 minute boil.

Most beer kits are NOT "no boil"... Most extract kits require boiling just like ag beers for hop isomerization, as well as wort pasteurization.... even the "bottom" end kits, like Mr Beer, Coopers require boiling. All the major kits, Brewer's Best, and kits by online and homebrewshops require boiling.

The no boil kits are only a tiny fraction of the market, and most of those are ignored by us.

Back