Too Much Sorbate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunther

Reaction score
Well....during my multi tasking while brewing and bottling (brewing beer and bottling appleweizen) I seem to have added too much sorbate to my cider. It said to add 0.5 teaspoon per gallon and I added 0.5 tablespoon per gallon. There was a little cider left in bucket that didnt get bottled and the tastes sample was kind of funky (a residual bitterness). Thats what made me go back and check what i had done. Sooo will it mellow out and is it ok to consume that much sorbate. Thanks.

Well....during my multi tasking while brewing and bottling (brewing beer and bottling appleweizen) I seem to have added too much sorbate to my cider. It said to add 0.5 teaspoon per gallon and I added 0.5 tablespoon per gallon. There was a little cider left in bucket that didnt get bottled and the tastes sample was kind of funky (a residual bitterness). Thats what made me go back and check what i had done. Sooo will it mellow out and is it ok to consume that much sorbate. Thanks.

It shouldn't hurt you at all. It just tastes bad.

Latest posts

Back