Question!!! I need help in the next 40 minutes!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoBrewMeister

Reaction score
So...

I am brewing a blue moon esque type beer. The wort is on the stove right now. It is brewing with:

6lb wheat lme
1 oz hallertau (in a tea like bag)

My question is this:

I have two more tea like bags and I have three more things I'm adding with 10 minutes left in the boil:

1 oz tettnagner
1 oz sweet orange
1/2 oz crushed corriander

I only have two tea bags, but three more to add. What should I do?!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Fit the coriander and the orange peel in one bag. Cut the volume of each down a bit if you have to as they add subtle enhancements to the flavor, but are not absolutely necessary for a good wit.

some say just add the coriander and the orange peel together...others say to just put the orange peel in without a bag...what to do?!?!?! I've got 15 minutes to decide...

some say just add the coriander and the orange peel together...others say to just put the orange peel in without a bag...what to do?!?!?! I've got 15 minutes to decide...

You pick one of those and do it. Either way you're going to have beer.

You didn't tell us how big the bags are, are they really not big enough to fit the coriander and orange peel in one? If not, throw the orange peel in without a bag. It'll most likely settle to the bottom of the fermenter and get covered by yeast and trub, never to be seen again.

If you can stuff them into one bag, do that. If you can't, and you can't reuse a bag, put in the coriander with as much orange peel as you can. Put the rest of the peel in straight. Try to remove the orange peel after the boil (whether by scooping or racking), but if you can't, don't sweat it. It won't do much.

Back