simple question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew

Reaction score
I brewed a Honeyweizen 10 days ago.....i went to check the fg tonight and there was a 1/4" of thick kroison(sp?) on top.......i moved it away to get my sample and the beer tasted great.........i am not going to bottle for a couple weeks....will this go away between now and then or do i need to move it to a secondary or will it just go away when i siphon to the bottleing bucket

this is my 5th batch and none of the other brews had this much "stuff" on top

would like anyone's thoughts

It should go away. 10 days is still young and the krausen should drop before you want to bottle. Im assuming you use a wheat beer yeast and those tend to produce a lot of krausen compared to other strains

It's not surprising that you have a thicker foam on top. Wheat has more protein than barley so the head should be thicker and hang around a bit longer. I'd be pretty surprised if it was still around after a few weeks. If it is, it certainly won't be around after transfering to the bottling bucket.

Back