Sunburned leaves?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HItransplant

Reaction score
Man, for someone who normally has good luck w plants...I'm having trouble with this "weed."

What are these brown spots on my leaves?

It's gotten quite a bit warmer and sunnier and the spots werent there yesterday.

HItransplant said:
Man, for someone who normally has good luck w plants...I'm having trouble with this "weed."

What are these brown spots on my leaves?

It's gotten quite a bit warmer and sunnier and the spots werent there yesterday.

Sorry, forgot pics.

image-3588950421.jpg

image-3067187836.jpg

Are you watering during the day? Could be burns from the water magnifying the sunlight.

usfmikeb said:
Are you watering during the day? Could be burns from the water magnifying the sunlight.

That is a good point...I did water yesterday afternoon when it was sunny. Maybe that did it.

Thanks for the suggestions

One of my shoots has completely shriveled up..just the last few inches...

Underwatering?

Sun?

Heat?

This is frustrating.

It could be the variety of hop, too. I can't grow Willamette where I live to save my life. Cascade and Chinook grow like gangbusters, though, same soil, microclimate, watering, etc.

I tried Tettnanger this year, an homage to my roots, and they're just struggling along. So maybe, next year, give a couple more varieties a go and maybe your luck will change. From what I've gathered, the "C" varieties are a fairly easy stock to grow: Cascade, Chinook, Centennial (not sure about Columbus).

cram said:
It could be the variety of hop, too. I can't grow Willamette where I live to save my life. Cascade and Chinook grow like gangbusters, though, same soil, microclimate, watering, etc.

I tried Tettnanger this year, an homage to my roots, and they're just struggling along. So maybe, next year, give a couple more varieties a go and maybe your luck will change. From what I've gathered, the "C" varieties are a fairly easy stock to grow: Cascade, Chinook, Centennial (not sure about Columbus).

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Latest posts

Back